Fungicide Treatment Program
Showcase Lawn Works serves Chester County PA, Berks County PA and Lancaster County PA with expert fungicide, fertilizing, weed control, and maintenance. Our fungicide program addresses all the common signs below. Please call or email us for pricing and details.
The following are common signs that your yard has a type of fungus or disease:
- Brown Patch – This disease informant is characterized by the development of browinish gray patches in circular areas that may be a few inches to serveral feet in diameter. Typical in Fescue Lawns.
- Dollar Spot – This symptom begins at the size of a silver dollar and appears as a few inches in diameter and is usually a straw brown color. Typical in Zoysia and Bermuda grass.
- Leaf Spot – Spots on the grass leaves develop purplish-red to purplish-brown borders and brown to tan centers.
- Rust – The grass will turn light green and then begin to have an orange or reddish cast to the turf. Typical in Zoysia and Bermuda grasses.
- Fairy Ring – This fungal infection is mostly caused by mushroom fungi and low soil fertility. The first sign of fairy rings may be a ring of mushrooms followed by rings of darker grass with an inside border of dead grass.
- Red Thread – Red thread is a foliar disease that usually occurs on taller mown turfgrasses during spring and fall. Red thread symptoms create an undesirable appearance, but crowns and roots are not infected, so plants are not killed and turf eventually will recover.
- Summer Patch – Is a disease that occurs during warm weather and is caused by the fungus Magnaporthepoae. This lawn disease can be found throughout much of the United States, although it is more common in warmer climates. Summer Patch is often associated with shallow root systems due to poor soil conditions.
- Spring Dead Spot – The symptoms of Spring Dead Spot are small circular dead areas of bermuda-grass six inches to several feet in diameter and only become evident in the spring as bermuda and zoysia grasses resume growth from winter dormancy.
The control of lawn diseases is one of the most underused treatments in a lawn care program. Some of the most devastating lawn diseases in residential lawns can be controlled by an aggressive Fungicide treatment.